We are really looking forward to welcoming guests back to Brooke House in early July. As with almost every aspect of all our lives over the past few months you will see some changes at Brooke House designed to help provide the safest environment we possibly can, to allow you to enjoy your holiday on the Isle of Wight.
We now have the Government guidance for holiday accommodation and detailed below are the ways we will be implementing it at Brooke House.
- We have installed non-contact hand sanitiser units in public areas.
- We will be wearing face coverings and gloves where it is appropriate to do so.
- We recommend that guests wear a face covering whilst in the communal areas (hall, stairs & landing).
- All high traffic, contact areas will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Windows will be open as much as possible to allow extra ventilation.
- Unfortunately, our guest lounge will not be in use. We do not feel it appropriate at the moment and may need to use this as an additional dining space during busier times to allow for social distancing.
- Our outdoor seating area will remain although the patio furniture will be moved to allow for social distancing and will be disinfected regularly. Cushions will not be available.
- Leaflets and information booklets have been removed from public areas. These are all still available from us, but by removing them we are able to control the use of them and destroy, disinfect or quarantine them where appropriate.
- Our reception table has been removed to allow for extra space in the hallway. This sadly means our guest book has also been removed. We really welcome all your online reviews.
- Keys will be disinfected between guests.
- You will find many changes in your room. We have removed all non-essential items – extra coat hangers, blankets, cushions, hair dryer, tissues, radio alarm clock and guest information folder. All these items are still available should you need them. However, by removing them initially we are able to control the use of them and destroy, disinfect or quarantine the items as appropriate after use.
- We have a digital copy of the guest information folder which we can email to you.
- In addition to our already rigorous cleaning regime we will be disinfecting surfaces in your room between guests. We will also be leaving a new cloth and bottle of sanitiser in your room should you feel there is anything you wish to sanitise whilst staying.
- You will find that your TV remote control is in a new plastic bag. It should remain in the bag (they do still work, we’ve checked!). Obviously, the bag will then be changed between guests.
- We will still service rooms daily providing you have left your room for a long enough period to allow us to do this. However, it will not be the usual service. We will not touch any of your personal possessions, bedding or towels. We will empty bins, replenish hospitality trays where necessary and clean your en-suite. Please inform us if you do not want us to come into your room.
- You will see some changes to the dining room to allow for social distancing. We will monitor the space on a daily basis and may use the guest lounge for additional space where necessary. We have always assigned guests to a particular table on arrival and this will remain.
- We will not be providing a buffet at breakfast. This does mean you will have to pre-order all parts of your breakfast. We will still have the same level of choice including juices, cereals, yogurts, Full English Breakfast, lighter options, toast, marmalades, preserves and hot drinks.
- In addition to this, for those who do not wish to join us for breakfast. you will be able to pre-order a “packed breakfast” to collect in the morning after breakfast service has finished.
- We will still be offering our usual pre order evening meals. We may have to limit numbers depending on demand.
- We will be providing guests with additional ways of contacting us during their stay in an attempt to limit face to face contact – this will include a mobile number for calls and texts our email address and Messenger details.
If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 whilst staying at Brooke House.
If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 whilst staying at Brooke House you must inform Hana & Steve immediately and you and the rest of your holiday party must go into self-isolation immediately. Hana & Steve will make suitable arrangements for food, drink and medical supplies to reach you. You must then request a test by calling 119 or via the internet www.nhs.uk/coronavirus You will need to enter our post code to get a test on the Isle of Wight (1Leisure Medina in Newport). Our postcode is PO37 7AL. If your test is negative you can continue your holiday. If a positive test result is returned Hana & Steve will assist you in making travel arrangements to return home at the earliest possible opportunity. You will not be able to remain in self-isolation at Brooke House. If you are not able to complete your holiday our normal terms and conditions will apply and you will not be refunded for any days of your holiday not taken.
If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 before travelling
If you or anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not travel. We have made some changes to our terms and conditions to allow you to move your stay.
COVID-19 Holiday Amendments
- If for any reason linked to COVID-19 you feel you need to amend your booking at Brooke House we have added some flexibility to our usual terms and conditions. You can now amend your holiday and use the same deposit for a holiday up until the end of our season in 2021. If you cannot commit to new dates immediately, we are happy to leave your deposit “floating” until such time that you can re-book. If, by amending your stay, at short notice we have incurred any costs, such as a ferry booking, you will still be liable for these costs.