At Brooke House we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. When we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Types of Data we Collect and Why we Collect It
At Brooke House we only collect the information that is necessary to facilitate your reservation enquiry and complete your booking.
- Full name and title
- Full home address including your postcode
- Email address (if applicable)
- Contact telephone number(s)
- Credit / Debit card details (collected if a reservation is made, held securely within PCI regulations until your stay is completed when the details are then destroyed.)
- Car registration (should a car ferry booking be requested)
We require this information to process your reservation or enquiry, understand your needs and to provide you with the best possible service and for the following important reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To compile Guest Registration Forms which we are legally obliged to do
- We may periodically send promotional emails or postal correspondence about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address or postal address which you have provided.
At Brooke House we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We do not store your information for any longer than we are legally obliged to do so. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
Our website which is hosted by Mr Site does not collect cookies.
When someone visits our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various pages of our site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
At Brooke House we offer free Wi-Fi to all our guests. When you use this service we may collect data about
- Your device
- The volume of data which you use
- The websites and applications which you access; and
- Your usage by access time, frequency and location
Brooke House does not share your personal data with anyone else.
Our website contains links to other website of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. This includes the Check Availability and Book Now pages on our website which link to an external site.
Access to Your Personal Information
You are entitled to view, amend or delete the personal data that Brooke House hold. Email your request to Hana Johnson and Steve Huggins who are the Data Controllers here.
Brooke House may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 22 May 2018.